Post Interview Reflection

Retrieved from https://www.socialwork.career/2013/04/how-to-tame-your-job-interview-anxiety-once-and-for-all.html
 Prior to the mock interview, I very was nervous. On a week full of assignments and presentations this is the thing I was most stressed and scared about. I am someone who likes to be in control and know what is going to happen, basically the exact opposite of what happens in an interview. I prepared as much as I could and read all of the "frequently asked interview questions" which I felt confident giving the answers to, in an empty room. When I told people I was nervous, everyone thought it was silly because I am someone who is often confident and comfortable on the outside but inside I am riddled with anxiety over basically any situation.

I think the setting I was interviewing for also played a part in how nervous I was, while it was a setting I would love to work in, I have little experience due to our Level I fieldworks being canceled and all of my prior experience is in pediatrics. I know I am more than capable to work in any setting because of my foundational knowledge in the practice of OT and how much I actually know but alas, I doubt myself. The facial expression my interviewer gave me while I was telling her my thoughts, my prior leadership experience, and the fact that I am a mom who also loves to educate people made me feel like I was on the right track. I often sell myself short but her "critique" of me, made me feel at ease.

If I could go through the process again, I would remind myself that I am more than qualified (after my Level II fieldwork and my degree, passing boards, and getting certified of course) to sell myself in an interview and I should do just that. I have so much to offer any facility and always ask them a question. I feel better knowing that in less than a year, when I start applying for jobs and going on interviews, I did this today and by then, I will be even more qualified.
It's bittersweet knowing it is coming to an end, all 9 years of being a college and grad student.

Until next time,
Sam the Student



Comments

Popular Posts